Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Day 4 June 13th 2009

The day started with an early morning wake up. 4am to be exact. Rilee and I headed to the Sonoma County Hot Air Balloon Classic because I won tickets on the radio. It was fairly lame to win 2 tickets and only need 1 at the gate and the guy tried handing me back the other one to “give” to someone and I was like look just take the extra ticket and give it to the next person that walks in. I dont want to deal with the ticket and I sure in heck dont want to carry it around in my pocket waiting for someone to give it to because I didnt have a reason to use it. Pathetic. As was having no one to talk to while there. Familes and friends and couples were surrounding me. I believe I was the only single person out there aside from the plethera of photo journalists. They were in their own little world anyway.

But this festival was amazing. Well worth the early rise and the couple block walk so I didnt have to pay for parking. Well worth the chilly air and wet grass! Well worth missing out on funnel cake because I didnt bring any money… well maybe not ha ha ha cause funnel cake is amazing… but it was a blast. I havent EVER seen a hot air balloon that close before. And even Rilee enjoyed walking around and watching the balloons take off. There was a lady that wanted to take pictures of her and I let her. Because how often do you get stopped by 5 camera men/women that want a photo of YOUR child? Not very. So she played with some balloons and the photographers snapped their shots. I wish I can come across one of them sometime in the future.

Then we came home and slept for 2 hours before my soccer game. And im thinking the lack of sleep mixed with this weeks stress made it so I didnt know my body could be pushed any less than I did. I mean I ran faster and kicked harder than I have in awhile. I can barely move now that I am home and rested and showered… but at the moment I didnt care. And thanks to me I assisted the winning goal by a finely placed cross to the middle where it was nicely finished to win the game. Life is good when youre part of such a victory! I feel like a terrible mother though. I SPACED on putting sunscreen on Rilees nose and now she has a pink band across her face…I hope it fades before church tomorrow and I hope it doesnt hurt her. I will remember to pack the sunscreen next time AND apply it. All good moms forget that right? At least once. I wont make it a habit.

Needless to say im exhausted. No replies from my multiple applications but im sure maybe monday they will come. I have to sit down and do my list of things that need to get paid ASAP. Tonight definitely isnt the night to do so. I am way too tired to concentrate. I am amazed I was able to sit through typing this much. 4 days into my journaling and already im wanting to procrastinate… I BEST stick to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment