Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Day 47 July 26th 2009

Church today was awesome because we had a change of scenery. Instead of it being scriptural one of our churches missonaries did a presentation on what he and his family do for God. They live in the Phillipines in a house in the jungle and help the sick and teach Gods word and they know 4 languages and are very inspirational. I loved seeing the way they live and wish that America would adopt those ways of life. There wouldnt be a budget crisis. We wouldnt fight so much and crime would go away.
He also brought some bracelets from a little girl over there that was going to be a prostitute but she now sells them. So Amys mom got us each a couple. They are awesome.
Then we had a potluck where my child showed off her eating abilities and consumed massive amounts of watermelon which previously she hasnt liked and raviolis. Needless to say she is a bottomless pit. Then after Patty took me in back to shop at our food bank... which is wonderful because I am able to supply Rilee with enough food to fill her every meal. It makes me happy and very thankful that there are such programs for us to use especially one from our own church. I wasnt too happy with Ken for his poor attitude and unwillingness to help an elderly lady carry her box to her car because he wanted to get more food for himself. It made me sick to my stomach. We are in Gods house and he has provided us with this food that by golly there was PLENTY of and only me and 1 other person in line... and he was the only man around. If I thought I was able to carry that huge box for 4 people for that lady I would have... and I wish that others had the same mindset. If something of that nature happens again I feel as though im going to have to mention something.
Next step is becoming a member of the church/going through couples counseling/ and getting Nick out here.
Amy came over tonight. We went to Lowes to get some paint swatches which we then converted into 5 matches of blues and pinks and put them on my wedding board. We have decided on a casual theme... laid back cool and simple. Its about the meaning not the "stuff"
EremyJ came over tonight too and we talked about my past and just about weddings and life and its nice to have someone to talk to thats going through things too.
Life has been good to me and I hope that soon I am blessed with a job and a tax return so that I am able to start saving for my wedding! WHOO HOOO im going to be married! 6/18/2009

No comments:

Post a Comment